Lovin’ that tune? Create music moments: discover, buy and share for a unique music journey.
Shazam gives you instant satisfaction when you want to know the song that is playing: simply point your device towards the music to learn more about the artist; buy the song immediately or simply share your discovery with your family and friends.
With this version of Shazam, first time users get 5 Tags per month and the options to buy and share your music discoveries.
If you have a previous version of Shazam and update to 1.8 your tagging usage will stay the same.
Alternatively, get our premium version – Shazam Encore - with a new design, layout and speed improvements, plus many additional features: unlimited tagging, Tag Chart, track Recommendations, Car Mode option and Search of 8m songs.
Start your music journey now, and enjoy Shazam to:
• Share a music moment: send your Tags as a Tweet to your followers; to your mini-feed to appear on your Facebook page or even as a Postcard to friends who share your musical taste so they can add the Tag to their own collection in Shazam, as well as preview and buy direct in iTunes.
• Track your music journey: see your Tag appear on Maps inside Shazam, along with your Tag history, to remind you where you were when you captured the moment.
• Learn more about the music: read track and album reviews and artist biographies, plus see other music from the same artist and view song lyrics.
• Personalise your Tags: capture the moment by taking and adding a photo or attach an existing picture. See your shots seamlessly added to your iPhone photo album.
• Store pending Tags: for when you don't have data connection, you can still capture the music moment. The untagged track can be sent later when you are back in WiFi or data coverage.
Shazam supports 1st & 2nd generation iPod touch (external microphone required). A note to iPod touch users: Shazam needs to hear the music, which means utilising a microphone (on the iPhone it's built in, on the iPod touch you can attach an Apple Stereo Headset which has a small microphone capsule). Hold the mic towards the music you wish to recognise and Shazam will do the rest!